If you are like most people you believe that commercial soaps are the best soaps to buy because they have been around for so long they must know what they are doing, right? They know what they are doing alright by not telling you the truth about their soaps. Well, let’s expose the truth about commercial soaps. Commercial soaps contain synthetic compounds Triclosan, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) here is a list of some of the most known symptoms:
1. Sinus Problems
2. Exacerbated Asthma Conditions
6. Migraine Headaches
7. Unexplained Sore Throats and Cough
8. Rashes, Hives
9. Dermatitis, Eczema
10. Irritations to mouth, eyes, skin , lungs
11. Chest Tightness
12. Shortness of Breath
Triclosan has also been found in antibacterial soaps too this ingredient kills bacteria but it doesn’t recognize the difference between good bacteria and bad bacteria so, it kills all bacteria which is not good for you. Good bacteria is needed to fight off bad bacteria; to help you to survive, which can leave your immune system vulnerable to all types of viruses and diseases. It has been found out that Triclosan:
1. Kills your skin cells
2. Dries skin
3. Agitate your skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis
4. Doesn’t prevent colds, flues nor anything viral
5. Dioxin a highly carcinogenic may be formed while manufacturing of the triclosan
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate this is an extremely dangerous product that is put into soaps these are some of the side effects of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate:
1. Eye, skin and mouth irritations
2. Membrane alterations
3. May be harmful for the brain, heart spleen and liver
4. Chronic irritant contact dermatitis
5. Compromising the overall integrity of your skin barrier making it susceptible to the exposure of bad bacteria.
6. May actually harm cell function
7. Can corrode hair follicles and cause hair loss.
My handmade soap is natural which means it's good for you and the environment. My soap has only a few ingredients coconut, olive, palm and vegetable oils, everything is biodegradable. All of my ingredients are great for your skin because your skin is absorbent; it's just like sticking something in your mouth. During the saponification process (when the oils and lye are turning into soap) the lye is also turning into glycerin which is another benefit of my handmade soap. Glycerin, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil and vegetable have a lot of great benefits here are a few:
1. Glycerin- gives moisture to your skin this is an excellent source of moisture.
2. Olive Oil- full of minerals, has a similar structure to skin, reduces chances of skin cancer, conditions your hair.
3. Coconut Oil-soothes psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, SPF sunscreen, lightens age spots, heals skin, condition hair and a sunscreen protector.
4. Vegetable Oil- seals in moisture, a great conditioner for hair, removes dandruff, has vitamin E.
5. Palm Oil- has a high amount of vitamin A which means it has carotenoid which is also found in carrots and tomatoes which can effectively fight off free radicals, which damages your skin.
My handmade soap means a lifetime of healthy living and eco-friendly to the environment.