What is the big deal about soy, we hear about it so often on television, on the internet and in magazines. But, what do we really know about them other than, we should buy food that contains soy bean because it is good for our health. Did you now that we can also reap the benefits of soy by buying handmade candles that are made using soy wax? There are five reasons to buy soy handmade candles:
1. It is clean burning. Soy does not contain any toxins nor does it contain petrol-carbon soot that blackens walls, ceilings and furniture like paraffin was does (a petroleum based wax). Paraffin wax also contaminates air vents and the air in your home.
2. It is long burning. Handmade soy candles burn slower and cooler than paraffin wax candles.
3. It is biodegradable. Soy wax comes from the soy bean, which is a vegetable, it can be easily broken down and consumed by small organisms to reduce waste.
4. It is renewable. Unlike paraffin wax that comes from petroleum, which can't be grown, soy wax comes from the soy bean which can be grown after the soy bean is harvested to make soy wax.
5. It helps agriculture. It helps to stimulate the farming / agriculture industry by buying handmade soy candles, as the soy wax is produced by farmers in the U.S.
No longer can we say, "soy what", to soy based products because there is so much more to that little soy bean than meets the eye for you and your family.